Saturday, October 18, 2008

LIve YOUR LiFe









I moved to Hawaii, I was 20 years old  about to turn 21 in few months when I did the big change. Ready to enjoy my last few months before reporting to the MTC and going to serve for my church. I had left Utah, left my job and family to go on a mission. I felt great about it and moving was the best thing for me to do. I bought my airplane ticket, not knowing anyone or anything about Hawaii I arrived on the Island. Very eager to start my new life and new challenges to start I was ready. I made friends very quick, I moved to the island of Oahu and lived in the North Shore. I had planned few months before arriving but all was in my head. I found my ward and was ready to put my mission papers in. I had saved up enough money to not needed to work and be safe till I was in the MTC. At first I had one roommate and lived a huge 14 bedroom home across the ocean. We were very excited to both be transfers students and LIVE OUR LIVES. Sam was my roommate and she was from oregon, a sophomore in college studying at BYU Hawaii. I was not a student and preparing for my mission papers. By the time it came for my mission papers to go in I was ready, but the lord had other plans for me. Last interview before the papers went in I was denied. I know how can you be denied well it's the lord's call and I was not ready. 
That didnt stop me, I still lived and enjoyed Hawaii and stayed there for a little bit longer.My experience there was amazing, I met wonderful friends who i will never forget and will always have in my heart. Everyone there was so dear to me and just loved how happy and chill everyone was. My last roommates were amazing, I loved all four girls and learned so much from each and one of them. The boy drama still continued and it got worst mainly because the guy there were not members and dating them was hard. With or without boys I had my pleasures in enjoying my sun laying and swimming times in HAWAII. Time went by fast and next thing you know about another year flew by, it was time for me to head back to Utah and continue and finish my School in UVU.

No comments: