



Once in Guatemala City I remember most of my young childhood. I don't remember much but certain taste and smells do remind me of events of my childhood. For example the taste of certain fruit I would eat as a young child would take me back to the days I climbed on my grandmother's trees by her house. And the sound of Tortillas being slapped on a hand remind me of the days my Mom would take us to the market. I remember playing outside with my little brother Bruce and cousin Mitzi. Her and I would do gymnastics and run around trying to play with the older boys, such as our other brothers. I do recall how our home looked like very well, we lived in a large three story red brick building, almost like a castle.
The memory I have very vivid is when my Uncle Paul would come back from his trips from France, Italy and all over Europe and would come see us. I remember waiting for him at the bottom of the hill and just excited to hug him. We couldn't speak english so seeing him and hearing him was very exciting to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment