


By the time I was going to the Jr. High my brothers and I were split up. My parents had gotten a divorced and my mother moved us to California. The Liston Family was the only ones we knew and we didn't even know them, only my mother had spoked to them over the phone. They were a family of a missionary that baptized me in New York and was very closed to my family. Travis Liston was Elder Liston who helped my mother out very much. We traveled across country from the East coast to West coast on a GreyHound Bus. It seemed like it was a whole weeks journey but really it was like three days. We arrived in Turlock California and lived there for few years. My family now was split, my older brothers with my father and the rest with my mother. Those with my motherl were raised in California. We moved to Hilmar California and basically all of my high years was there. Hilmar is 15 minutes south of Turlock which is located by Sacramento metro area and was a farm place full of cattle. I attended Turlock High School since that is where most of my first friends I knew from Jr. High went. Graduated from there and was able to complete all four years in Student Government and cheerleading. My last year was my busiest year, captain of the cheer team and won State Nationals. I was into track as well with cross country and soccer squeezed in my schedule. I was overloaded but that is what kept me busy and out of trouble. I loved doing all sorts of sports and was very social in my school with my peers. I loved my friends in California but also needed to move on with my life and go to college.
No comments:
Post a Comment