Saturday, November 15, 2008

The car was broken into this week ;(

I cant believe thanksgiving is coming up soon! My favorite holiday is Christmas mainly because I get to give gifts to those I love.  This Christmas my family and I hope to be in the house that we just looked at and applied for.  Prices in Utah are very low for homes that are worth double. We are taking advantage of this and hope everything goes well. 

This week I worked my long hours at work. Basically from 5 A.M to 3 P.M is my schedule from Monday to Friday.  Shockingly I manege to do it and was not tired... :) sweet .  I was even able to hang out some nights with friends and work out. 

Dallin needed a place to stay  so I said he could at my place for a bit but then had to tell him to find somewhere else. Mainly because it is not my home and I do share my place with roommates. Well other then going through with kicking Dallin out and buying a home, my car (Bruce's car) got broken into on Friday morning . 

Everything was a mess , they took the stereo but sadly left the inside vendiliezed. The dashboard was taken out and was stuffed jammed in the glove compartment hole. The second I opened the door , first thing in my head was: the doors were probably not locked and who ever did it, had time to go through my back-back with papers and had plenty of time to go through the car . The driver door was locked but not the passenger door the passenger window was slightly cracked open. 

Well I was very upset first and then was sad and crying. Mainly because I had failed to keep Bruce's car safe and protected. I felt very very bad. First person I called was Dallin, asked him if he left the doors unlocked. My heart then asked me to call Joe my BYU brother who I knew would be awake at 5am. He comforted me and I was able to go to work. On my way to work I texted my close friend Derek. He was able to comfort me as well but also gave me some advice. By the time I was almost done with work I could not be there anymore, the fact that I was un-easy and needed to get home asap. I had Bruce come with me to my house and told him what had happened. He filled a police report and was ask some questions. 

Overall I had a lot on my plate but was able to have the spirit with me to help me and guide in these tough times. I am grateful for great friends and very, very grateful to have siblings who love me. As much as it sucks being robbed and losing that trust for everyone, you learn and prepare for much bigger experiences soon to come your way .

No comments: